Protein is king!
How To Burn More Calories And
Stay Fuller For Longer With Proteing
If you neglect to eat enough protein you are missing out on the biggest contributing factor to your weight loss success. Also, if you are heading toward middle age, it is vitally important that you eat enough protein to maintain the muscle you already have.
Why Do I Need To Eat Protein?
3 Reasons Protein Is King:
- Keeps you fuller for longer – protein takes longer to break down than other macronutrients like carbs or fat.
- Proteins are building blocks – tissues throughout the body, muscle tissue especially, are built of amino acids. Protein provides amino acids to help you rebuild and maintain tissue.
- Metabolic boost – digesting protein takes more energy to break down compared to carbs or fat, in turn this can ramp up your metabolism.
How Much Protein Do I Need?
If your goal is weight loss performance experts suggest a general range can be from .7 grams to 1 gram per pound of body weight.
To figure your daily protein intake a general formula is:
Body weight X .7-1 gram of protein = Daily protein intake
When Do I Eat Protein?
Most meal plans are divided up into three meals, two snacks and if working out, a protein shake before, during or after training.
How to divide protein throughout the day:
- First, fill in your meals with an amount you think you can comfortably consume. It’s ok to start small and then work up to your desired amount over time. Most meals do not need to be above 40 grams.
- Then for snacks, take the left over protein that you didn’t use during your main meals and divy it up into smaller chunks. Use snacks to fill in areas of your day right before a time period when you might get hungry or feel sluggish.
- Lastly, you can use protein shakes around workouts. Your shakes don’t need to be above 20 grams.
What Type of Protein Should I Eat?
Taste buds vary so you will have to experiment with what tastes best.
Sources of protein include:
To build or maintain muscle, rev up your metabolism, and keep you fuller for longer you need to know 3 simple things regarding protein:
- How much
- When to eat it
- Solid sources
If You’re Ready To Accelerate Your Results Set up a Consultation With Me Below!
Request a consultation
Contact Get Fit Stockton For Personal Training Services & Get Results!
I know that it can be challenging taking those first steps towards a better you.
There is no better time than right now, to make the decision that you want to improve.
For over 20 years I've been helping people like you get on the right path to success.
Whether you are looking for support and coaching for weight loss and strength training, or you need rehabilitation due to an injury.
Don’t keep putting it off, start today, build your confidence back up, Get Fit Stockton is here for all your personal training needs.
Contact me now!
Fill out the form to get started!